HomeServe’s contractor network is designed to exceed the highest standards of professionalism. Every contractor is subjected to a personal interview, including a site visit and inspection of their facilities, before being accepted into our network. We ensure that each contractor we hire meets the following qualifications:
- A current state license
- Minimum insurance requirements including:
- worker’s compensation insurance as required by law;
- automotive liability insurance as required by law; and
- general commercial liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.
- Feedback and Quality Rankings: Scorecards are maintained for each contractor which rank the customer satisfaction rating for work performed. Those with high-quality ratings are rewarded with increased job opportunities while any contractor receiving an unacceptable rating is removed from the network.
Only energy professionals that share HomeServe’s commitment to excellence in customer service are considered as candidates. HomeServe ensures that every member of our contractor network has the proper equipment, licenses and commitment to restore the failed service as quickly and effectively as possible. Scorecards that monitor customer satisfaction for completed repairs are maintained for each contractor. Feedback is shared with our contractors and those with low scores are removed from the network. Energy professionals are initially interviewed by the HomeServe Contractor Services Team and then can move on to become potential candidates.
- Steady stream of work
- Opportunity for new customer acquisition and repeat business
- Help keep dollars in your local economy
If you are interested in joining our contractor network, please click the button to the right to apply!